Parents of a former student are suing a central Mississippi school district, alleging a racially biased comment by a white substitute teacher about their black son being hanged.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 06, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION OF PS 130Q, INC.
Around the Web
- Black parents sue over white teacher's hanging remark
By JEFF AMY - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
- Family of Boy Who Wears Dresses Sues Education Department
By ELIZABETH A. HARRIS - Tuesday Aug 29, 2017
His family says a school in Park Slope was hostile to the boy, and that they were unfairly accused of abuse. The allegation was unfounded.
- Ex-teacher charged with stealing $88K from parent-teacher group
By Associated Press - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
WOLCOTT, Conn. — A Connecticut town’s former teacher of the year has been charged with stealing more than $88,000 in Parent Teacher Organization funds. Jane Gargano, of Wolcott, was charged Monday with first-degree larceny and second-degree forgery. She was released on $20,000 bond pending arraignment scheduled for Sept. 26. Authorities say the 54-year-old Gargano took...
- TODD STARNES: Teacher: Dear parents, tell your kids to stop talking about God
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Wednesday Aug 30, 2017
- Google parent Alphabet turns on internet balloons in Puerto Rico
By Ryan Nakashima - Friday Oct 20, 2017
Google's parent Alphabet Inc. said Friday that its stratospheric balloons are now delivering the internet to remote areas of Puerto Rico where cellphone towers were knocked out by Hurricane Maria.
- Education Disrupted: Silicon Valley Courts Brand-Name Teachers, Raising Ethics Issues
By NATASHA SINGER - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
As teachers launch personal brands and cast themselves as influencers, start-ups and tech giants alike are racing to cultivate them to spread their wares.