CENTERPORT, N.Y. (AP) — A 10-year-old boy taking sailing lessons that involved deliberately capsizing his boat in suburban New York has fallen from a rescue boat and been struck by its propeller and killed.The instructor pulled the boy back into the motor boat and performed CPR until emergency responders arrived.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 13, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - OSWEGO SAILING AND BOATING FOUNDATION, INC.
Around the Web
- Boy taking sailing lessons is hit by boat propeller, dies
Tuesday Jul 18, 2017
- New York boy, 12, taking sailing lessons dies after being struck by boat propeller
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
- Spared Irma’s Worst, Puerto Ricans Sail to Virgin Islanders’ Aid
By LUIS FERRÉ-SADURNÍ - Sunday Sep 10, 2017
Using pleasure boats, civilians have improvised a boatlift to carry donated supplies to the devastated islands and bring back evacuees.
- Data Supercharges Billion-Dollar Boats in the America's Cup, the World’s Fastest Sailing Race
By Tim Newcomb - Saturday Jul 8, 2017
Sometimes, a victory on the water goes to the team with the best data streams
- Texas Boy Scouts Electrocuted in Deadly Boating Accident
By Kalhan Rosenblatt - Sunday Aug 6, 2017
Two Boy Scouts died Saturday after their sail boat hit a power line in Texas. Another boy scout was injured in the accident and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
- Monohulls to return to America’s Cup for 2021 race
By Bernie Wilson - Monday Sep 11, 2017
SAN DIEGO — Fast, foiling catamarans are out of the America’s Cup and monohulls are back in. America’s Cup champion Emirates Team New Zealand confirmed Monday that it is working on designs for a “high-performance” single-hulled boat to be used in the 36th edition of sailing’s marquee regatta, in Auckland, New Zealand, in early 2021. The Kiwis did not say whether the boats will have foils or canting keels. More details were promised at the end of the month.