WOLCOTT, Conn. — A Connecticut town’s former teacher of the year has been charged with stealing more than $88,000 in Parent Teacher Organization funds. Jane Gargano, of Wolcott, was charged Monday with first-degree larceny and second-degree forgery. She was released on $20,000 bond pending arraignment scheduled for Sept. 26. Authorities say the 54-year-old Gargano took...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 25, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - ORANGE ULSTER BOCES PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION, INC.
Around the Web
- Ex-teacher charged with stealing $88K from parent-teacher group
By Associated Press - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
- Bullying by Teachers: Is It Linked to a Growing License to Hate?
By Suja Amir - Thursday Jun 1, 2017
Student anti-bullying efforts in schools may need to be expanded to include teachers.
- Family of Boy Who Wears Dresses Sues Education Department
By ELIZABETH A. HARRIS - Tuesday Aug 29, 2017
His family says a school in Park Slope was hostile to the boy, and that they were unfairly accused of abuse. The allegation was unfounded.
- TODD STARNES: Teacher: Dear parents, tell your kids to stop talking about God
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Wednesday Aug 30, 2017
- Education Disrupted: Silicon Valley Courts Brand-Name Teachers, Raising Ethics Issues
By NATASHA SINGER - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
As teachers launch personal brands and cast themselves as influencers, start-ups and tech giants alike are racing to cultivate them to spread their wares.
- Gender-neutral teacher’s note to students: Please no ‘him’ or ‘her’
By Alexandra Klausner - Thursday Sep 21, 2017
A Florida fifth-grade teacher sent a letter home with students asking that they refer to her by gender-neutral pronouns, causing a stir among parents. Chloe Bressack — a new math and science teacher at Canopy Oaks Elementary in Tallahassee — acknowledged that it will take “some practice for it to feel natural,” according to the...