Joshua Wong, the teenage face of the Umbrella Movement in Hong Kong three years ago, is leading a group of young protesters calling for democracy during the visit of President Xi Jinping.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 10, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - OLD HONG KONG INC
Around the Web
- In Hong Kong, a 20-Year-Old Activist Demands Democracy
Friday Jun 30, 2017
- Hong Kong Journal: Homelessness, Poverty and Injustice: Touring Hong Kong’s Darker Side
By CHARLOTTE GRAHAM - Monday Jul 31, 2017
As other tourists flock to wealthy shopping districts, some learn from guides about Hong Kong’s underpaid domestic workers and volatile politics.
- Hong Kong Journal: Crackdown Chills Hong Kong’s Indie Music Scene
By MIKE IVES - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
Restrictive zoning and performance rules are hindering musicians, who are already hard-pressed to find venues that cater to working-class fans.
- Court Deals Major Blow to Hong Kong’s Pro-Democracy Movement
By ALAN WONG - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The court removed four elected legislators, assuring China greater influence over Hong Kong’s government at least until by-elections are held.
- Pro-China and Pro-Democracy Rallies on a Hong Kong Anniversary
Saturday Jul 1, 2017
Pro-democracy and pro-Beijing demonstrations took place in Hong Kong amid a visit by President Xi Jinping of China. Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from Britain to China.
- A $664,000 Parking Spot Symbolizes Hong Kong’s Property Frenzy
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
The price illustrates the broader rise in real estate values in Hong Kong, already home to an expensive housing market per square foot.