Those affected by Hurricane Sandy five years ago shared how the storm changed their lives physically, emotionally and financially, and how things have changed for the better since.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - NYC SAFE HOUSE, INC.
Around the Web
- The Rebuilding Years, Post-Sandy
By THE NEW YORK TIMES and JONAH MARKOWITZ - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
- Uneasy Welcome as Ultra-Orthodox Jews Extend Beyond New York
By JOSEPH BERGER - Wednesday Aug 2, 2017
The arrival of 62 Hasidic families in Jersey City is part of a major influx of ultra-Orthodox Jews to communities around New York City.
- Five Years After Sandy, Are We Better Prepared?
By PATRICK McGEEHAN and WINNIE HU - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
While much of New York City’s battered infrastructure has been repaired and even improved, most long-term resiliency measures are still years away
- A New Kind of Classroom: No Grades, No Failing, No Hurry
By KYLE SPENCER - Friday Aug 11, 2017
Mastery-based learning allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Spooked by Real Life? Bring On the Halloween Frights
By ISAAC OLIVER - Thursday Oct 26, 2017
A writer put himself through four haunted houses and theater experiences to see if he could hack it. Here is his (haunted) story.
- NYC’s Affordable Housing Plan Will Significantly Increase the Role of Nonprofit Developers
By Danielle Holly - Friday Oct 27, 2017
Mayor de Blasio announces investment in a fund that will open access to nonprofit developers as part of Housing New York.