Crime has remained low during Mayor Bill de Blasio’s tenure, but improving trust in the police, and rooting out officers’ biases, are a work in progress.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 11, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - NYC FIRST INC.
Around the Web
- De Blasio Kept Crime Down in First Term. His Next Goal: Nicer Police.
By J. DAVID GOODMAN and AL BAKER - Monday Nov 6, 2017
- Gunman Convicted of Murder in New York Police Officer’s Death
By AL BAKER and JOHN SURICO - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
Demetrius Blackwell was found guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting of Brian Moore during an encounter in Queens in 2015.
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
- The Rebuilding Years, Post-Sandy
By THE NEW YORK TIMES and JONAH MARKOWITZ - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
Those affected by Hurricane Sandy five years ago shared how the storm changed their lives physically, emotionally and financially, and how things have changed for the better since.
- Two New York Detectives Are Charged With Raping Teenager in Custody
By ALAN FEUER - Monday Oct 30, 2017
The detectives were indicted on Monday on charges that they sexually assaulted an 18-year-old woman who was handcuffed inside a police van in Brooklyn.
- Grace Notes: Atop a Manhattan Convention Center, a Harvest of Honey
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Sep 10, 2017
Beehives on the Javits Center’s roof are yielding their first batches of honey, which will go into dressing on salads sold in a center cafe.