A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 04, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - NORTHPORT TIGERS HOOPS INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
- Basketball Guru Steers Dreams From Hoops to Higher Ed
Thursday Aug 31, 2017
In Brooklyn, volunteer coach Mike Senior has spent over 30 years drilling local youths in basketball and empowering them to earn college degrees.
- The rising stars with NBA dreams behind NYC hoops ‘mini-renaissance’
By Zach Braziller - Saturday Jul 1, 2017
There wasn’t a single New Yorker selected in the June 22 NBA draft. The year before, only Brooklyn’s Isaiah Whitehead, taken by the Nets in the second round, heard his name called. You have to go all the way back to 2011, when Kemba Walker of The Bronx was taken ninth overall by the Hornets,...
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.