North Korea released new footage that shows American student Otto Warmbier breaking down in court, where he was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor. Photo: KRT
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 23, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - NORTH AMERICAN BUDDHIST STUDENTS SOCIETY CORPORATION
Around the Web
- American Student Breaks Down in North Korean Court
Thursday Mar 17, 2016
- North Korea Releases Detained U.S. Student
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
North Korea released an American college student arrested during a visit last year and serving a 15-year prison term in North Korea, U.S. officials said.
- Otto Warmbier, American Student Released From North Korea, Dies
By LIAM STACK and MAYA SALAM - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Mr. Warmbier, 22, returned to the United States in a coma last week after brutal treatment by the North Korean government, his family said.
- The Getaway: That North Korea Vacation? It’ll Soon Be Out of the Question for Americans
By STEPHANIE ROSENBLOOM - Monday Jul 31, 2017
American passports will not be valid for travel in, through, or to North Korea, after the death of college student Otto F. Warmbier
- North Korea Says Otto Warmbier Was Released on ‘Humanitarian Grounds’
By CHOE SANG-HUN - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Pyongyang did not reveal any details of the American college student’s medical condition or the diplomatic negotiations that led to his release after more than a year in captivity.
- How this woman escaped gulags of North Korea to become US college student
By Fox News - Thursday Oct 19, 2017
When Grace Jo walks along the leafy paths of Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland, she is indistinguishable from any other American college student. But the 26-year-old’s astounding journey took her from the gulags of North Korea’s brutal dictatorship – and the very edge of starving to death – to a new, unimaginable life in the...