Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 28, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
37 CLARIDGE CIRCLE
MANHASSET, NEW YORK, 11030
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - NEW YORK AMERICAN-CHINESE ART COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT INC.
Around the Web
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- New Development: Soft in the Middle, Splashy Up Top
By STEFANOS CHEN - Friday Sep 15, 2017
The luxury market in New York is pulling in two directions, with developers betting on big-ticket palatial aeries and million-dollar “starter” homes.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Design Notebook: In New Condos, Art Is Now a Crucial Part of the Deal
By TIM McKEOUGH - Friday Jul 28, 2017
New York developers once battled over big-name architects. These days, it’s all about the artists.
- A Winning Design for a New York Monument to Gay and Transgender People
By JOSHUA BARONE - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the artist Anthony Goicolea had been selected to design the monument in Hudson River Park in Manhattan.