One of the city’s prime shopping districts is a victim of its own success, as retailers can’t afford the rents and landlords can’t afford to lower them.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 07, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - MRC RENTS, INC.
Around the Web
- In a Thriving City, SoHo’s Soaring Rents Keep Storefronts Empty
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
- Another New York Diner Turns Off the Grill, a Victim of Rising Rents
By REMY TUMIN - Sunday Jul 16, 2017
Cup & Saucer is closing after more than 70 years in Lower Manhattan, the latest sign that the days of the classic city diner may be numbered.
- Living the Urban Life Upstate
By KIM VELSEY - Friday Jun 16, 2017
A New York couple who prefer to rent in the thick of things, even in a Hudson Valley town.
- Inside New York City’s Priciest Rentals
By CAROLINE BIGGS - Friday Sep 1, 2017
Some New Yorkers could afford to buy multimillion-dollar properties, but they’d rather rent a place for upward of $20,000 a month.
- The Mayor and the Restaurateur: How de Blasio Sought Help for an Early Donor
By WILLIAM NEUMAN and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM - Monday Jul 24, 2017
Federal investigators, while declining to prosecute, still questioned City Hall’s conduct. Was the administration doing favors for contributors?
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.