The owner of a Colorado bakery who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple back in 2012 will have his day in the highest court in the land, after the U.S. Supreme Court agreed today to hear his appeal.The Colorado Civil Rights Commission ruled in Dec. 2013 that the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Denver had …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 09, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - MR. CAKE BAKERY & DESSERTS INC.
Around the Web
- SCOTUS To Hear Case Of Bakery That Refused To Make Wedding Cake For Gay Couple
By Mary Beth Quirk - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- 19,000 Macy’s Martha Stewart Cake-Cutting Sets Recalled Because They Aren’t Supposed To Cut You
By Ashlee Kieler - Monday Oct 16, 2017
When properly used, a cake-cutting knife should not cut the person slicing into the cake. But some Martha Stewart-branding serving sets have been breaking, doing damage to the holder instead of the cake. Following several reports of people being cut by broken cake-cutters, nearly 19,000 Macy’s Martha Stewart Collection Whiteware cake knife and server sets are being recalled.According to …
- Pennywise Looks Terrifying Yet Tasty In This ‘It’ Cake Guide Showing Off A Temping Halloween Dessert
By Dan MacRae - Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
Arriving in time for Halloween is a guide on how to turn Pennywise into a delicious (and terrifying) cake for you and your 'It' loving crew.
- Bakersfield bakery owner won't make wedding cakes for gay couples, cites religious beliefs
By Michelle Robertson - Monday Aug 28, 2017
A Bakersfield bakery is being criticized after its owner reportedly refused to make wedding cakes for two gay couples because it would conflict with her Christian beliefs.
In separate Facebook posts on Saturday, Ted Freitas and Eileen Del Rio said Tastries Bakery owner Cathy Miller refused to make their wedding cakes because they are marrying individuals of the same sex.
- In Alaska’s Far-Flung Villages, Happiness Is a Cake Mix
By JULIA O'MALLEY - Monday Sep 18, 2017
The store-bought box, one of the few dependable food items in a place of scarcity, is tricked out for dinners and fund-raisers by many a “cake lady.”
- Sunday Routine: How Sheryll Durrant, Urban Farmer, Spends Her Sundays
By SHIVANI VORA - Friday Sep 15, 2017
The resident manager of the Kelly Street Garden, in South Bronx’s Longwood neighborhood, sleeps in and spends time with her husband and teenage son.