ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A New York state agency launched four years ago to protect the disabled from abuse and neglect was staffed with a team of investigators and prosecutors empowered to bring criminal cases against alleged wrongdoers. But it lacked one key thing, according to three recent court rulings: the legal authority to actually prosecute anyone.That has potentially put dozens of convictions in jeopardy and threatens to undermine the mission of the agency, known as the Justice Center, to protect the 1 million disabled, addicted and mentally ill in state care.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 05, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - MPC AGENCY INC
Around the Web
- NY agency called Justice Center may lack power to prosecute
By DAVID KLEPPER, Associated Press - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
- North Korean Shipments To A Syrian Chemical Arms Agency Were ‘Intercepted’
By emmieodea - Tuesday Aug 22, 2017
The United Nations caught North Korea's top arms corporation sending shipments to a Syrian government agency linked to chemical weapons.
- State of the Art: Seriously, Equifax? Why the Credit Agency’s Breach Means Regulation Is Needed
By FARHAD MANJOO - Friday Sep 8, 2017
Equifax’s main job is to collect and maintain data. Now the hacking at the credit agency uncovers a gaping flaw in regulation over data storage.
- The Tech & Design Issue: The Agency
By ADRIAN CHEN - Saturday Jun 20, 2015
From a nondescript office building in St. Petersburg, Russia, an army of well-paid “trolls” has tried to wreak havoc all around the Internet — and in real-life American communities.
- U.N. Agency Reports Worst Drought in 16 Years in North Korea
By CHOE SANG-HUN - Friday Jul 21, 2017
The severe dry spell has raised fears of worsening food shortages in the North, where malnutrition has been a problem for years.
- North Korea experiencing worst drought in 16 years, UN agency reports - OPINION: Iran will soon have ICBMs armed with nukes by way of North Korea. Team Trump must act now
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Sunday Jul 23, 2017