For over 70 years Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) has been used to treat severe depression and there are reports that it could help patients with Huntington’s Disease who experience psychiatric symptoms. Many patients with Huntington’s Disease experience depression, with suicide rates 5 to 10 times higher than the general public. In 21 published case reports where -
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 20, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - MICHAEL LOUIS INCORPORATED
Around the Web
- Does Electroconvulsive Therapy Improve Huntington’s Disease?
Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
- MSH3 Gene Reveals Critical Link With Huntington’s Disease
Wednesday Aug 9, 2017
A recent study published in Lancet Neurology reveals important associations between MSH3 gene mutations and Huntington’s disease progression and disease burden.
- The Link Between Huntington’s Disease and Brain Structure
Wednesday Sep 6, 2017
Scientists at Northwestern University have discovered a link between Huntington’s Disease and dysfunction of the brain’s structure. These finding may explain the causes of the debilitating symptoms and loss of brain tissue as the disease progresses. Currently, it is not understood why the mutation of a specific gene leads to expression of symptoms and loss -
- Critic’s Notebook: The Pain of Fame, With Sondheim, Warhol and Capote as Guides
By BEN BRANTLEY - Friday Oct 6, 2017
A definitive revival of the musical “Merrily We Roll Along” and a new play about Andy Warhol and Truman Capote dissect the discontents of celebrity.
- Protests Begin In St. Louis After An Ex-Cop Is Acquitted Of Murder In The 2011 Shooting Death Of A Black Man
By Kimberly Ricci - Friday Sep 15, 2017
Years before Michael Brown died in Ferguson, Missouri saw a similar case that came to a troubling end today.