Evidence indicates the 2,300-year-old vase, on display for decades, was illegally dug up from an Italian grave and later sold to the Met at auction.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 13, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - METROPOLITAN AUCTION OF ART, INC
Around the Web
- Ancient Vase Seized From Met Museum on Suspicion It Was Looted
By TOM MASHBERG - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
- New Museum Selects Rem Koolhaas for Expansion on the Bowery
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
The addition to the museum will create an additional 50,000 square feet for galleries, improved public circulation and other programs.
- Fine Arts & Exhibits: An Auction Setup at Christie’s: First a Marathon, Then a Sprint
By ANITA GATES - Friday Oct 20, 2017
Go behind the scenes at Christie’s New York as workers prepare for the Fine Chinese Ceramics and Works of Art auction with goods worth millions of dollars.
- Fixing the Met: Art Lovers Speak
By JASON FARAGO and SOPHIE HAIGNEY - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The next director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art will have a full inbox. Here, 20 well-known Met watchers offer their own bold ideas and expectations.
- Few Art Trophies at London Auctions
Wednesday Sep 27, 2017
A Francis Bacon double portrait, asking $80 million, is a rare big-ticket item on the block.
- London Art Auction for Grenfell Fire Survivors Raises $2.5 Million
By ANNA CODREA-RADO - Tuesday Oct 17, 2017
Leading artists donated pieces for sale at Sotheby’s, including Tracey Emin, Antony Gormley and Wolfgang Tillmans.