The sale of the department store’s flagship Fifth Avenue building marks the end of shopping as fun, and the rise of work as a way of life.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 12, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - METRO COMM 3RD AVENUE WHOLESALE INC.
Around the Web
- Big City: Lord & Taylor, WeWork and the Death of Leisure
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Friday Oct 27, 2017
- Disrupting the World of Private School With Tech and Guinea Pigs
By KATE TAYLOR - Monday Nov 20, 2017
Start-ups, including one from sharing-economy company WeWork, try to shake up the staid, and pricey, status quo of New York’s independent schools.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- NY man due in court in killings of mom, sister, 3rd woman
Sunday Aug 13, 2017
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) — A man accused of bludgeoning his mother, sister and another woman to death after being kicked out of his home on New York's Long Island is headed to court.Suffolk County police say Vanderhall had a history of emotional problems, and his mother had gotten a protective order against him and had thrown him out of their Hempstead home.
- The Beer & Booze Company Behind Corona, Svedka & Mondavi Is Now Investing In Marijuana
By Mary Beth Quirk - Monday Oct 30, 2017
Instead of shrinking in fear from the rising green tide of legal marijuana, the parent company behind booze brands like Corona, Svedka, and Robert Mondavi is jumping right in with a big investment in the legal marijuana business.Constellation Brands Inc. is shelling out $191 million for a 9.9% stake in Canopy Growth Corp, a Canadian company — known as …
- Cogeco Communications Expands U.S. Market Share With MetroCast Buy
Monday Jul 10, 2017
A Cogeco Communications Inc. unit has reached a deal to buy the MetroCast cable system for $1.4 billion, as the Canadian cable company expands its share of the U.S. market.