The Justice Department said it is gearing up to investigate a complaint by Asian-Americans about a college’s affirmative action admissions practices.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 24, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - MEI ASIAN INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Asian-Americans’ Complaint Prompted Justice Inquiry of College Admissions
By CHARLIE SAVAGE - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
- Asian American legal group supports DOJ plan to probe race-based college admissions
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- The AirBnb Host That Canceled A Reservation Due To Race Has To Pay $5,000 And Complete An Asian Studies Class
By Andrew Roberts - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The AirBnb host that canceled a reservation due to race will pay a stiff penalty that includes an Asian studies college course.
- Affirmative Action Battle Has a New Focus: Asian-Americans
By ANEMONA HARTOCOLLIS and STEPHANIE SAUL - Wednesday Aug 2, 2017
A lawsuit against Harvard raises the issue of whether there has been discrimination against Asian-Americans in the name of creating a diverse student body.
- What a Fraternity Hazing Death Revealed About the Painful Search for an Asian-American Identity
By JAY CASPIAN KANG - Wednesday Aug 9, 2017
When Michael Deng, a college freshman, joined an Asian-American fraternity, he was looking for a sense of belonging and identity. Two months later he was dead.
- Airbnb host fined, ordered to take college course after turning away Asian guest
By Joshua Rhett Miller - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
An Airbnb host who canceled the reservation of a guest due to her race has been ordered to pay $5,000 in damages, make a personal apology and take a course in Asian-American studies, authorities said Thursday. The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing announced the agreement with the former Airbnb host who canceled the...