NEW YORK (AP) — Transit officials have decided to alter subway station tiles that have a cross-like design similar to that of the Confederate flag.The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is modifying the tiles at the 40th Street entrance to the Times Square subway stop to avoid any confusion about their meaning, MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz said in a statement."These are not confederate flags" Ortiz said. The red, white and blue tiles installed decades ago are "based on geometric forms that represent the 'Crossroads of the World,'" he added.The decision comes in the wake of the deadly rally over a Robert E.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 28, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - MAX TILE DISTRIBUTION, INC.
Around the Web
- NY subway tiles with Confederate flag look to be altered
By TOM HAYS, Associated Press - Friday Aug 18, 2017
- Restaurant Review: A New Kind of Sichuan Restaurant for New York
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
In downtown Flushing, Queens, Guan Fu Sichuan shows off the rich variety of flavors beyond the familiar blast of chiles.
- Letter of Recommendation: Letter of Recommendation: Karaoke at Home
By JENNY ZHANG - Friday Jul 7, 2017
Solo singing as an antidote to bullying, racism and rage.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- A New Kind of Classroom: No Grades, No Failing, No Hurry
By KYLE SPENCER - Friday Aug 11, 2017
Mastery-based learning allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Budget Bus Lines Flout the Rules With Little Consequence
By PATRICK McGEEHAN and WINNIE HU - Monday Sep 25, 2017
Even after deadly crashes like the one in Queens last week, discount bus companies are often able to stay in business and evade serious penalties.