Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 07, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - MACKEY TWINS ART GALLERY INC.
Around the Web
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Critic's Notebook: Contemporary Art Steams Up the Hudson
By NANCY PRINCENTHAL - Thursday Aug 24, 2017
Not your mother’s house tour: This summer has brought a bounty of artwork to Catskill, Hudson, Cold Spring and beyond.
- From Chelsea Manning’s DNA Springs an Art Show
By SOPHIE HAIGNEY - Friday Jun 30, 2017
An art show in Lower Manhattan will feature 3D portraits created by an artist using the DNA of Ms. Manning.
- 7 Frank Lloyd Wright Windows to Go Home
By EVE M. KAHN - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
A newly restored house in Buffalo by Frank Lloyd Wright receives a bountiful stained-glass gift from the University of Victoria in Canada.
- New Museum Selects Rem Koolhaas for Expansion on the Bowery
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
The addition to the museum will create an additional 50,000 square feet for galleries, improved public circulation and other programs.