Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 03, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - LOUVRE ART GALLERY INC.
Around the Web
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Louvre evacuated over security threat
By Kate Sheehy - Monday Sep 18, 2017
Paris’s famed Louvre museum has been evacuated amid security fears, according to a report Monday. A pulled fire alarm prompted the evaluation, said a spokesman for the Musee du Louvre to Britain’s Sun. There has been heightened security at the museum — home to the Mona Lisa and other priceless art works — since terror...
- Louvre Abu Dhabi Melds East and West
Tuesday Nov 14, 2017
The new art museum aims to narrate the history and accomplishments of all civilizations, presented as a continuous flow.
- Art Review: Yayoi Kusama and the Amazing Polka-Dotted, Selfie-Made Journey to Greatness
By ROBERTA SMITH - Saturday Nov 4, 2017
The artist of “Infinity” rooms has become an Instagram darling. But two new gallery exhibitions in New York show that she’s much more than that — an almost frighteningly fertile talent.
- Fine Arts & Exhibits: Art Lurks in an Unlikely Place for Mary Kelly: the Dryer
By JORI FINKEL - Saturday Oct 21, 2017
The conceptual artist has her first New York gallery show in five years, featuring politically loaded artwork made out of compressed lint.