The owners of Starrett City, the country’s biggest federally subsidized housing complex, are selling the development for more than $850 million. President Trump is a partial owner.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 20, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - LOS SURES 383 HEWES STREET HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FUND CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- Sale of Brooklyn Housing Complex Would Benefit Trump
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Sep 6, 2017
- Neighborhoods That Play Hard to Get
By STEFANOS CHEN - Friday Aug 11, 2017
In some New York neighborhoods, the housing stock is great, but turnover is so low, word of mouth is the best search engine.
- Index Funds Are Great for Investors, Risky for Corporate Governance
Friday Jun 23, 2017
One solution is to abstain from voting, leaving decisions to those with an incentive to be informed.
- Lawmakers Question Trump’s Stake in Subsidized Housing Complex
By YAMICHE ALCINDOR - Monday Jul 10, 2017
Two Democrats are demanding information about potential conflicts of interest, saying the president could profit from decisions made by the housing department.
- Uneasy Welcome as Ultra-Orthodox Jews Extend Beyond New York
By JOSEPH BERGER - Wednesday Aug 2, 2017
The arrival of 62 Hasidic families in Jersey City is part of a major influx of ultra-Orthodox Jews to communities around New York City.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.