Under a deal with federal prosecutors, the seller of art supplies agreed to return the items, pay the government $3 million and improve the way it collects antiquities.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 12, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - LISA C. GRYGIEL ART, ANTIQUES AND INTERIORS INC.
Around the Web
- Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq
By ALAN FEUER - Wednesday Jul 5, 2017
- Met Museum Turns Over Another Relic With Disputed Past to Prosecutors
By TOM MASHBERG - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
Lebanon says the ancient sculpture, which dates from roughly 360 B.C., was looted and should be returned, but the owners say they have good title.
- Alaska Warily Eyes Change Bringing Suburbs and Amazon Boxes
By KIRK JOHNSON - Friday Aug 18, 2017
Vast physical distances are becoming less limiting, bringing conveniences but perhaps eroding the state’s special identity.
- On Washington: Lesson for Trump: Hardball Against Senators Is a Game He Can Lose
By CARL HULSE - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
Presidents often try to influence senators’ votes with threats of retaliation. Those efforts have often backfired, and have sometimes prompted senators to switch parties.
- ISIS Is Selling Syria's Antiquities to the West
Wednesday May 31, 2017
Even as Islamic State is destroying antiquities in Syria, the militant group is also shipping them -- to intermediaries working with buyers in Europe and the U.S. The Wall Street Journal reveal?s? a pattern of plunder that takes priceless ?relics from the battlegrounds of Syria to art traders in the West.
- Hobby Lobby to Return Antiquities in Settlement
Thursday Jul 6, 2017
The arts-and-craft retailer will pay a $3 million fine and surrender 5,500 artifacts that federal authorities allege were stolen from Iraq and smuggled into the U.S. through Israel and the U.A.E.