Deborah Borda, who helped make the orchestra the envy of the music world, left for the New York Philharmonic. But nobody in Los Angeles seems worried.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - LIKE PHILHARMONIC INC.
Around the Web
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Lost Its Leader. Can It Stay on Top?
By MICHAEL COOPER - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
- David Geffen Criticizes ‘Shameful’ Lack of Support for Concert Hall
By ROBIN POGREBIN and MICHAEL COOPER - Wednesday Oct 4, 2017
Mr. Geffen lamented the downsizing of the $500 million David Geffen Hall project at Lincoln Center. “New York should have the best of everything,” he said.
- As Geffen Hall’s Renovation Stumbles, Cincinnati Shows the Way
By MICHAEL COOPER - Tuesday Oct 17, 2017
Reopening after a $143 million renovation, which removed a thousand seats, Cincinnati’s stately Music Hall offers a model for Lincoln Center.
- NY's Hometown Paper Once Again Owned By Chicago Publisher
Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
New York's hometown paper is once again owned by a Chicago-based newspaper holding company, following the 'New York Daily News' sale on Monday to Tronc Inc. In a way, it's like deja vu. Tronc wasformerly Tribune Publishing, the publisher of the 'Chicago Tribune,' which originally created the 'New York Daily News' nearly a century ago.
- That Decisive Moment: Mahler, Transformed: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
Friday Jun 16, 2017
"Swan Lake," the New York Philharmonic and an operatic "Angels in America" were among the highlights.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.