The sale of the department store’s flagship Fifth Avenue building marks the end of shopping as fun, and the rise of work as a way of life.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Sep 24, 1997)
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 12, 1993
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1993 - LIGER CO., INC.
Around the Web
- Big City: Lord & Taylor, WeWork and the Death of Leisure
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Friday Oct 27, 2017
- What Ligers, Grolar Bears, and Mules Show Scientists About Evolution
By Jordana Cepelewicz - Sunday Aug 27, 2017
Hybrids, once treated as biological misfits, have been the secret saviors of many animal species in trouble. Reconciling that truth with conservation policies poses a challenge for science.
- FanDuel CEO, Co-Founder Eccles to Leave Company
Monday Nov 20, 2017
FanDuel Inc. Chief Executive Nigel Eccles is leaving the fantasy-sports website he co-founded in 2009, the company said Monday, months after FanDuel and rival DraftKings Inc. called off a merger.
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
- Op-Ed Contributor: A Forced ‘Corrective’ on Cigarettes
By ROBERT N. PROCTOR - Friday Nov 24, 2017
Cigarette makers are being forced by a court to run ads saying, surprise, that smoking kills. But you won’t hear an apology for their deception.
- Why Tobacco Companies Are Paying to Tell You Smoking Kills
By SAPNA MAHESHWARI - Saturday Nov 25, 2017
Court-ordered ads, which will start appearing on Sunday, are “corrective statements” about the health risks and addictive nature of smoking.