A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 08, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - LED LIGHTING & EQUIPMENT INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- SUMMER FIRSTS | Brooklyn: Finding Alchemy and Art on a Coney Island Scary Ride
By FRANCINE PROSE - Wednesday Aug 2, 2017
For Francine Prose, an amusement-park trip as a young girl led to a ride on the Spook-a-Rama and later to a prized Diane Arbus photo of the same ride.
- Osram Greenlights Acquisition of Digital Lumens as IoT Powers Up
By Jeff Engel - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
Lately, if you blink, you might miss the news of another sale of a Boston-area tech company. The latest is Digital Lumens. Germany-based lighting manufacturer Osram has agreed to acquire the nine-year-old Boston firm, which sells LED lighting systems equipped with sensors and controlled by software. The purchase price wasn’t disclosed in a press release […]
- Traces of Crime: How New York’s DNA Techniques Became Tainted
By LAUREN KIRCHNER - Monday Sep 4, 2017
The city’s medical examiner has been a pioneer in analyzing complex DNA samples. But two methods were recently discontinued, raising questions about thousands of cases.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.