Demetrius Blackwell was found guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting of Brian Moore during an encounter in Queens in 2015.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 08, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - LEADING YOUTH TO EMPOWERMENT, INC.
Around the Web
- Gunman Convicted of Murder in New York Police Officer’s Death
By AL BAKER and JOHN SURICO - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
- In Trial, Officer Recalls Chaos of Shooting That Killed His Partner
By SARAH MASLIN NIR and JOHN SURICO - Tuesday Oct 24, 2017
More than two years after Officer Brian Moore was fatally shot in Queens, his fellow officers relived what led to the shooting, and the frantic rush to save his life.
- A Statue Stirs to Life in Washington Square Park
By MICHAEL WILSON - Tuesday Nov 14, 2017
A man’s unusually small size, which invited the jeers of bullies in his youth, became a key to his role as a “living statue” in Greenwich Village.
- MTV Mines the Past for Its Future: ‘Total Request Live’
By JOHN KOBLIN - Sunday Jul 30, 2017
Remember the “TRL” studio and crowds in Times Square? Music? Carson Daly? MTV hopes you do, and will tune in again.
- Character Study: A West Village Warrior Fights, and Writes, On
By COREY KILGANNON - Wednesday Nov 8, 2017
Otis Kidwell Burger, 93, holds a Sunday evening poetry salon in her homey West Village townhouse, where she has lived for nearly 60 years.
- An Upscale Hamlet Weighs Whether to Be a Village (or Not to Be)
By LISA W. FODERARO - Sunday Nov 5, 2017
The hamlet of Edgemont, N.Y., is seeking to become an incorporated village, citing land use decisions and costly settlements by the Town of Greenburgh.