The city’s medical examiner has been a pioneer in analyzing complex DNA samples. But two methods were recently discontinued, raising questions about thousands of cases.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 15, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
2014 - LAW OFFICE OF BARBARA GIONTA, P.C.
Around the Web
- Traces of Crime: How New York’s DNA Techniques Became Tainted
By LAUREN KIRCHNER - Monday Sep 4, 2017
- Big City: Road Rage, Then a Shot. For a Police Officer, It is Called Self-Defense
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
The jury’s acquittal of an off-duty officer who shot and killed an unarmed man shows how much leeway we give law enforcement authorities when it comes to using force.
- New York City and James Blake Resolve Excessive-Force Claim
By BENJAMIN MUELLER - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
As part of the deal with the former pro tennis player, the city will create a new position within the agency that investigates police misconduct.
- New York Becomes the City That Never Shuts Up
By WINNIE HU - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
With noise complaints doubling over five years and once-quiet neighborhoods offering little refuge, the city is considering a law to help quiet the din.
- More Anxiety, and More Police, Expected at New York City Marathon
By MALIKA ANDREWS - Friday Nov 3, 2017
Runners in Sunday’s race try to shake off anxiety as the police add more officers and other measures as a result of the terrorist attack on Tuesday.
- After 91 Years, New York Will Let Its People Boogie
By ANNIE CORREAL - Monday Oct 30, 2017
On Tuesday, the City Council is set to repeal the city’s Cabaret Law, a Prohibition-era rule that made it illegal to dance in most nightspots.