The jury’s acquittal of an off-duty officer who shot and killed an unarmed man shows how much leeway we give law enforcement authorities when it comes to using force.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 09, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
2014 - LAW OFFICE OF ANDREW SHLOMOVICH P.C.
Around the Web
- Big City: Road Rage, Then a Shot. For a Police Officer, It is Called Self-Defense
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Thursday Nov 9, 2017
- Two New York Detectives Are Charged With Raping Teenager in Custody
By ALAN FEUER - Monday Oct 30, 2017
The detectives were indicted on Monday on charges that they sexually assaulted an 18-year-old woman who was handcuffed inside a police van in Brooklyn.
- A Gray Puff, and the Old Kosciuszko Bridge Is No More
By ANDY NEWMAN and PATRICK McGEEHAN - Sunday Oct 1, 2017
The bridge, which stitched Brooklyn and Queens together through 78 years of congestion and complaint, was brought down in a carefully controlled explosion.
- New York Police Officers Facing Rape Charges Quit the Force
By ALAN FEUER - Monday Nov 6, 2017
The resignations of Richard Hall and Edward Martins, former detectives, came just days before they were to appear at a departmental misconduct trial.
- Family of Boy Who Wears Dresses Sues Education Department
By ELIZABETH A. HARRIS - Tuesday Aug 29, 2017
His family says a school in Park Slope was hostile to the boy, and that they were unfairly accused of abuse. The allegation was unfounded.
- Police Officer Found Not Guilty in Off-Duty Shooting of Unarmed Man
By ASHLEY SOUTHALL - Monday Nov 6, 2017
Jurors weighed whether Officer Wayne Isaacs had a duty to retreat from a confrontation with Delrawn Small. Defense lawyers said he had the right to defend himself.