To honor Thoreau on his 200th birthday, pay homage to all the outdoor temples his “in wildness” declaration helped protect.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - LAKES POND WILDERNESS PRESERVE, INC.
Around the Web
- Thoreau’s Wilderness Legacy, Beyond the Shores of Walden Pond
By DOUGLAS BRINKLEY - Friday Jul 7, 2017
- The Little Theater That Could
By ALEX VADUKUL - Friday Sep 1, 2017
The survival of 13th Street Repertory Company, a relic from Greenwich Village’s bohemian past, depends on the survival of its 100-year-old doyenne.
- Character Study: A West Village Warrior Fights, and Writes, On
By COREY KILGANNON - Wednesday Nov 8, 2017
Otis Kidwell Burger, 93, holds a Sunday evening poetry salon in her homey West Village townhouse, where she has lived for nearly 60 years.
- Teens caught buying dry clothes after driving stolen SUV into pond: cops
By Fox News - Thursday Sep 28, 2017
These car thieves were a little wet behind the ears. Lake County Ill. police investigating reports of a vehicle driven into a pond in Port Barrington probably didn’t expect the trail to lead to a Walmart bathroom. They arrived in the suburban neighborhood around 2 a.m. on Sept. 7 to find a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox...
- A Statue Stirs to Life in Washington Square Park
By MICHAEL WILSON - Tuesday Nov 14, 2017
A man’s unusually small size, which invited the jeers of bullies in his youth, became a key to his role as a “living statue” in Greenwich Village.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.