The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Mar 25, 1992)
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 09, 1984
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1984 - LADY LIBERTY CORP.
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Tina Charles and the Liberty win one for the kids
By Charles Cotton - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
On a day the Liberty drew 17,443 people to Madison Square Garden — the vast majority of them kids for “Camp Day” — it was only fitting Tina Charles, who herself grew up cheering for the Liberty, would be the one to lead the way. “For sure, I remember being young and watching games and...
- Near The East River, Plans Emerge For NY’s Next Life Science Center
By Ben Fidler - Monday Aug 21, 2017
At a time when biotech incubators and shared spaces are beginning to multiply in Manhattan, work on what could rank among the city’s largest biotech centers—if it can all come together—is just getting underway. According to Paul Wexler, a longtime healthcare-focused real estate broker, construction should begin next year on what is being called the […]
- Lady Gaga documentary to premiere at Toronto Film Festival
By Deadline - Thursday Aug 24, 2017
The fest runs Sept. 7-17.
- Lady Liberty and the Sonnet
Monday Aug 14, 2017
The so-called “Statue of Liberty” is, properly, the statue of “Liberty Enlightening the World.” The sonnet advocating unlimited immigration later placed on the base is a sophomoric, sentimental product of the Progressive Era.
- Lady Gaga too busy for Vegas dive bar concert
By Associated Press - Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
Lady Gaga is postponing the first stop of her 2017 Dive Bar Tour originally scheduled for Thursday in Las Vegas.