Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 28, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - L G G REST. CORP.
AROUND THE WEB
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
- Mt. Sinai's new therapy dog is a mutt with a mission
By Peter D'Amato - Thursday Aug 10, 2017
Midway through his shift at Mount Sinai’s Kravis Children’s Hospital, the health system’s youngest worker was doing his rounds—on four legs. Professor Bunsen...
To view the full story, click the title link.
- Pride 2017: Defiant on the Dance Floor: L.G.B.T.Q. Night Life in New York, 2017
By JEREMY ALLEN - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
A year after the shooting at Pulse in Orlando, dance parties and events have roared back in New York City, in a celebration of community.
- New York Today: New York Today: Two Men and a Baby
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Friday: Gay fatherhood, weekend events, and touring our city’s L.G.B.T. history.
- New York Today: New York Today: Meeting a Gay Pride Grand Marshal
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Monday: L.G.B.T. life in China, another bicycle fatality, and big news in city bathrooms.