A Minnesota county is grappling with the largest outbreak of tuberculosis in the country, as health officials count 17 confirmed cases including six fatalities.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 02, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
2013 - KINGS COUNTY INFECTIOUS DISEASE P.C.
Around the Web
- Minnesota county scrambles to control deadly tuberculosis outbreak
Tuesday Nov 7, 2017
- Legionnaires' disease infects 12 people in NYC
By Katherine Lam - Wednesday Oct 25, 2017
At least a dozen people in New York City contracted Legionnaires’ disease, prompting city officials to launch an investigation into the community cluster to contain it before it becomes a deadly outbreak.
- Fatal Madagascar plague appears to have spread to Seychelles, WHO says
Monday Oct 16, 2017
A probable case of plague in the Seychelles, imported from Madagascar, is believed to have sparked the Indian Ocean country's first outbreak of the disease, the World Health Organization (WHO) said.
- CDC warns against eating placenta—in case you needed another reason
By Beth Mole - Friday Jun 30, 2017
Oregon mom’s organ pills packed with infectious bacteria, which spread to the baby.
- Vir Biotech Vies for Global Approach to Tackling Infectious Disease
By Frank Vinluan - Wednesday Oct 18, 2017
Vir Biotechnology CEO George Scangos aims to develop new infectious disease drugs that can treat people in the U.S. and other developed countries. But he also wants to make these therapies available to the developing world, where the need is great but the financial means to pay for medicine is scarce. To accomplish both goals, […]
- “Post-Ebola syndrome” is something else to keep you up at night
By Beth Mole - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
Researchers only beginning to understand this and may now have monkey model.