Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
NYS Entity Status
- Termination (Feb 26, 2014)
NYS Filing Date
JULY 01, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - KANTAR RETAIL AMERICA, INC.
Around the Web
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
- Women of Sex Tech, Unite
By ANNA NORTH - Friday Aug 18, 2017
New York is becoming a cultural center for young women trying to disrupt the male-dominated industries of design engineering and sex toys.
- Amazon Announces Plans for Huge New North America Headquarters
By PRASHANT S. RAO - Thursday Sep 7, 2017
The online retail giant said it expected the offices would cost as much as $5 billion to build and operate, and would be used by as many as 50,000 employees.
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- Lord & Taylor Store, Icon of New York Retail, Will Become WeWork Offices
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Oct 24, 2017
A sign of pressures facing retailers, a deal is an acknowledgment that even grand shopping spaces of old may now be more valuable as offices.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.