A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Sep 23, 1992)
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 16, 1981
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1981 - JEFFERSON TAXI INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
- Taxi Medallions, Once a Safe Investment, Now Drag Owners Into Debt
By WINNIE HU - Sunday Sep 10, 2017
Some taxi owners say they cannot hold on much longer as they lose riders and fares to Uber and other rivals, and their taxi medallions plummet in value.
- Uber Should Be Regulated as a Taxi Service, European Legal Adviser Says
By AMIE TSANG - Tuesday Jul 4, 2017
The recommendation, a nonbinding opinion, said that France could prohibit certain types of transport services it deemed illegal.
- 7 Frank Lloyd Wright Windows to Go Home
By EVE M. KAHN - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
A newly restored house in Buffalo by Frank Lloyd Wright receives a bountiful stained-glass gift from the University of Victoria in Canada.
- Dog Praised as Hero for Saving Deer (Whether He Meant To or Not)
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
A video showed a golden retriever hauling a deer from the water. Was it instinct or something else?
- Uber Rival Grab's Fundraising Values It at $6 Billion
Monday Jul 24, 2017
Singapore-based ride-hailing firm GrabTaxi Holdings is raising $2.5 billion in Southeast Asia’s largest-ever round of startup fundraising as it seeks to battle Uber Technologies Inc. across the populous region.