A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 07, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - JAZZY WEST INDIAN AND AMERICAN RESTAURANT INC
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- A Panorama of Steel Drums
Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
The rhythm of steel drums signals the approach of the West Indian American Day Parade in central Brooklyn. But rising rents and increasing noise complaints have made it difficult to continue the tradition.
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
- Restaurant Review: At Don Peppe, Expect a Lot of Everything
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The hallowed Italian-American restaurant is near the airport and the racetrack in Queens, but it’s in a world of its own.
- Sunday Routine: How Shelley Worrell, Creator of CaribBeing, Spends Her Sundays
By ANNIE CORREAL - Thursday Aug 31, 2017
The creator of the Brooklyn-based Caribbean culture hub likes to garden, buy Caribbean produce and check out neighbors’ West Indian Day Parade costumes.
- Tom Colicchio Changes His Restaurant’s Racially Tinged Name
By KIM SEVERSON - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
The chef is renaming Fowler & Wells, after learning about the name’s connection with the debunked theories of phrenology.