Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
529 WEST 20TH STREET
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10011
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - JANKOSSEN CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY LLC
Around the Web
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- Fine Arts & Exhibits: Art Lurks in an Unlikely Place for Mary Kelly: the Dryer
By JORI FINKEL - Saturday Oct 21, 2017
The conceptual artist has her first New York gallery show in five years, featuring politically loaded artwork made out of compressed lint.
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Critic's Notebook: Contemporary Art Steams Up the Hudson
By NANCY PRINCENTHAL - Thursday Aug 24, 2017
Not your mother’s house tour: This summer has brought a bounty of artwork to Catskill, Hudson, Cold Spring and beyond.
- New Museum Selects Rem Koolhaas for Expansion on the Bowery
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
The addition to the museum will create an additional 50,000 square feet for galleries, improved public circulation and other programs.
- Seeing India Through a Contemporary Lens
By ARTHUR LUBOW - Monday Oct 9, 2017
Raghubir Singh captured the jumbled sensations of modern Indian life in his lyrical color photos. His first New York museum show is at the Met Breuer.