Is Payless ShoeSource trying to recover from bankruptcy by discouraging customers from ever redeeming their gift cards? A Consumerist reader bought a discounted gift card from a card exchange site, then was annoyed when his local Payless store wouldn’t accept it. The retailer says that it accepts virtual gift cards in its stores, but only from certain vendors, and only …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 25, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - JALA CARDS & GIFTS INC.
Around the Web
- Payless Won’t Accept A Gift Card I Bought Online. Is It Because Of Their Bankruptcy?
By Laura Northrup - Monday Sep 18, 2017
- Olive Garden apologizes to AllOfGarden blog, offers $50 gift card
By Cyrus Farivar - Wednesday Jul 26, 2017
"We've reached resolution / I received absolution."
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- Hacking Retail Gift Cards Remains Scarily Easy
By Andy Greenberg - Thursday Aug 31, 2017
One security researcher reveals the secrets of simple gift card fraud.
- What You Need to Know About Online Gift-Card Exchanges
By Lauren Goode - Monday Dec 30, 2013
The gift-giving season is over. Here’s how to turn in that gift card you don’t want -- for cash -- or buy other gift cards on the cheap.
- The island ghost town in the middle of the SF Bay
By Jessica Placzek, KQED - Thursday Jul 20, 2017