A new law will impose fines on companies like Facebook and Twitter if they fail to swiftly remove illegal or hateful content on their platforms.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 23, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - J&M FREEDOM ENTERPRISES INC.
Around the Web
- Delete Hate Speech or Pay Up, Germany Tells Social Media Companies
By MELISSA EDDY and MARK SCOTT - Friday Jun 30, 2017
- The Culture Wars Have Come to Silicon Valley
By NICK WINGFIELD - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
After Google fired an engineer who wrote an anti-diversity manifesto, the tech industry is under the microscope for penalizing dissenting opinions.
- Protesters Outside ‘Julius Caesar’ in Central Park, and Laughs Inside
By EMILY PALMER and MAYA SALAM - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
Just a day after the “Shakespeare in the Park” play was interrupted by protesters who rushed on stage, a few demonstrators picketed, and the production was adjusted to address the episode.
- On Technology: How Hate Groups Forced Online Platforms to Reveal Their True Nature
By JOHN HERRMAN - Monday Aug 21, 2017
Internet companies annexed much of our public sphere, playacting as little democracies — a charade they gave up last week.
- Facebook Will Use Artificial Intelligence to Find Extremist Posts
By SHEERA FRENKEL - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Under pressure from governments to counter inappropriate content, the social media company will pair new technology with human moderators.
- YouTube Sets New Policies to Curb Extremist Videos
By DAISUKE WAKABAYASHI - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The company said it wants to quickly identify and pull down videos promoting terrorism. It will also make offensive videos harder to find.