Department stores and other retailers struggling to beat back e-commerce are taking cues from online start-ups by experimenting with small showrooms.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 28, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - INDEPENDENT RUNNING RETAILER ASSOCIATION INC.
Around the Web
- Retailers Experiment With a New Philosophy: Smaller Is Better
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Nov 18, 2017
- Great Craft Beers That Won’t Get The ‘Independent Craft’ Label
By Zachary Johnston - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
The Brewer's Association's 'Independent Craft' label will change the beer game. We look at some beers that won't have the designation.
- Uber Drivers Aren’t Independent Contractors, U.K. Tribunal Rules
By PRASHANT S. RAO - Friday Nov 10, 2017
The decision, which affirmed a ruling made last year, casts doubt on a hiring model used by many “gig economy” businesses.
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- Amazon ‘Reviewing’ Its Website After It Suggested Bomb-Making Items
By AMIE TSANG - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
A British television news report said that the online retailer’s algorithms were automatically offering items that could be used to create an explosive device.
- Disrupting the World of Private School With Tech and Guinea Pigs
By KATE TAYLOR - Monday Nov 20, 2017
Start-ups, including one from sharing-economy company WeWork, try to shake up the staid, and pricey, status quo of New York’s independent schools.