The breach at Equifax comes on the heels of numerous cyberattacks. “It feels like there’s nothing you can really do to protect yourself,” one woman said.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 23, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - IDENTITY THEFT SOLUTIONS INC.
Around the Web
- Data Breach Victims Talk of Initial Terror, Then Vigilance
By TIFFANY HSU - Saturday Sep 9, 2017
- Equifax breach exposes 143 million people to identity theft
By email@example.com (Fox News Online) - Friday Sep 8, 2017
- Equifax Says Cyberattack May Have Affected 143 Million Customers
By TIFFANY HSU - Thursday Sep 7, 2017
Criminals gained access to certain files in the company’s system from mid-May to July, according to an investigation by Equifax.
- Your Money: Equifax’s Instructions Are Confusing. Here’s What to Do Now.
By RON LIEBER - Friday Sep 8, 2017
You’ll need a credit freeze. You’ll need a fraud alert. And don’t expect Equifax to be much help.
- Your Money: After Equifax Breach, Here’s Your Next Worry: Weak PINs
By RON LIEBER - Sunday Sep 10, 2017
Now that as many as 143 million Social Security numbers may be out in the wild, everyone wants to freeze their credit files at once. It isn’t always easy.
- As Equifax Amassed Ever More Data, Safety Was a Sales Pitch
By STACY COWLEY and TARA SIEGEL BERNARD - Saturday Sep 23, 2017
The data breach highlighted just how entrenched the credit bureau is in the lives of Americans, and consumers’ lack of control over their personal information.