A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 18, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - I BELIEVE IN ME, INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- He Excelled as a Detective, Until Prosecutors Stopped Believing Him
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Oct 10, 2017
Detective Kevin Desormeau’s indictment on perjury charges adds to the growing belief that lying is a persistent problem for the New York Police Department.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.
- Brooklyn company employs more than 100 blind workers
By Vicki Salemi - Sunday Jul 23, 2017
When Ted Rios turned 50 recently, his co-workers threw him a surprise party at a bar near their Borough Park office. “It was amazing! They told me how much they appreciate me and what I do,” says the sales manager at Alphapointe, a 106-year-old company that facilitates manufacturing, third-party product assembly, warehousing and product fulfillment...
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.