As other tourists flock to wealthy shopping districts, some learn from guides about Hong Kong’s underpaid domestic workers and volatile politics.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 25, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - HONG KONG NEW HONG KONG INC.
Around the Web
- Hong Kong Journal: Homelessness, Poverty and Injustice: Touring Hong Kong’s Darker Side
By CHARLOTTE GRAHAM - Monday Jul 31, 2017
- In Hong Kong, It’s the Fans Who Protest During the National Anthem
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
Despite fines from soccer’s governing body and a new law requiring respect for China’s anthem, fans in the semiautonomous city of Hong Kong keep booing.
- Hong Kong beaches close over foul palm oil disaster
By Reuters - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
HONG KONG – Hong Kong has closed more than a dozen beaches after a palm oil spill washed foul-smelling, Styrofoam-like clumps ashore, the latest major environmental disaster to blight the territory’s waters. The Chinese-controlled city closed two more beaches in the south of Hong Kong island on Tuesday, bringing to 13 the total shut since...
- Hong Kong Journal: Crackdown Chills Hong Kong’s Indie Music Scene
By MIKE IVES - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
Restrictive zoning and performance rules are hindering musicians, who are already hard-pressed to find venues that cater to working-class fans.
- Court Deals Major Blow to Hong Kong’s Pro-Democracy Movement
By ALAN WONG - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The court removed four elected legislators, assuring China greater influence over Hong Kong’s government at least until by-elections are held.
- Pro-China and Pro-Democracy Rallies on a Hong Kong Anniversary
Saturday Jul 1, 2017
Pro-democracy and pro-Beijing demonstrations took place in Hong Kong amid a visit by President Xi Jinping of China. Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from Britain to China.