Pro-democracy and pro-Beijing demonstrations took place in Hong Kong amid a visit by President Xi Jinping of China. Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from Britain to China.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 04, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - HONG KONG KITCHEN CHINA INC
Around the Web
- Pro-China and Pro-Democracy Rallies on a Hong Kong Anniversary
Saturday Jul 1, 2017
- Court Deals Major Blow to Hong Kong’s Pro-Democracy Movement
By ALAN WONG - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The court removed four elected legislators, assuring China greater influence over Hong Kong’s government at least until by-elections are held.
- Hong Kong's Anxious Anniversary
Friday Jun 30, 2017
Twenty years after the handover, China has reneged on its promises.
- Hong Kong's Political Prisoners
Friday Aug 18, 2017
China forces local judges to send democratic activists to jail.
- In Hong Kong, It’s the Fans Who Protest During the National Anthem
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Wednesday Oct 11, 2017
Despite fines from soccer’s governing body and a new law requiring respect for China’s anthem, fans in the semiautonomous city of Hong Kong keep booing.
- Crowds in Hong Kong Line Up to See China’s First Aircraft Carrier
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Saturday Jul 8, 2017
The visit, which coincides with the 20th anniversary of the former British colony’s return to China, is meant to signal the country’s growing military might.