A small business owner in Lockport, Illinois, is defending a controversial sign that makes reference to transgender people outside his store after facing backlash from the local community. The sign, posted outside Richard Tisch’s pawn shop, reads, “Help wanted — must be female from birth.” Some Lockport residents blasted the sign on social media, calling...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 06, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - HISTORIC LOCKPORT MILL RACE, INC.
Around the Web
- Anti-transgender sign was ‘satire,’ store owner says
By Fox News - Friday Aug 18, 2017
- Fire destroys historic mill in northern Colorado
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Sunday Aug 6, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- Lions of New York: David Dinkins Doesn’t Think He Failed. He Might Be Right.
By JOHN LELAND - Friday Nov 10, 2017
He was a historic figure, New York’s first black mayor. At 90, he reflects on a city on the brink. Was it his fault? Or did he start the recovery?
- Listing of the day: Water Mill, NY
Monday May 1, 2017
This Hamptons landmark home comes with a wealth of history and intrigue behind it.
- Man Tied to Cinder Block and Dumped in Water Was Son of Mob Associate
By ASHLEY SOUTHALL - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
The body of Carmine Carini, 35, was found floating in Mill Basin in Brooklyn. The police do not yet know why he was killed.