The president of the New America Foundation promises staff there will be “deep internal discussion” about its donors’ influence.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - HAIN FAMILY THINK TANK INC.
Around the Web
- New America, a Google-Funded Think Tank, Faces Backlash for Firing a Google Critic
By KENNETH P. VOGEL - Friday Sep 1, 2017
- Google Critic Ousted From Think Tank Funded by the Tech Giant
By KENNETH P. VOGEL - Wednesday Aug 30, 2017
After a scholar from the New America Foundation praised a large fine levied on Google, he and his unit were pushed out.
- Google-funded think tank fires prominent Google critic
By Timothy B. Lee - Wednesday Aug 30, 2017
Think tank boss allegedly accused scholar of "imperiling funding for others."
- The Hard Consequence of Google's Soft Power Over Think Tanks
By Nitasha Tiku - Friday Sep 1, 2017
Emails viewed by WIRED reveal how funding from the tech giant can influence internal dynamics within a think tank.
- Think Tank Fires Scholar Who Praised Fine Against Google
Wednesday Aug 30, 2017
A Washington think tank backed by Google and parent Alphabet’s Eric Schmidt has fired a prominent scholar who praised the $2.7 billion fine recently issued by European regulators against Google for antitrust violations.