A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 31, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - GREAT EAST LUMBER INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
- Neighborhoods That Play Hard to Get
By STEFANOS CHEN - Friday Aug 11, 2017
In some New York neighborhoods, the housing stock is great, but turnover is so low, word of mouth is the best search engine.
- Michael K. Williams Is More Than Omar From ‘The Wire’
By NOAH REMNICK - Friday Jun 30, 2017
Mr. Williams has made a career of bringing nuance and contrast to his roles, inspired by the swaggering characters he grew up with in East Flatbush.
- Art Review: From China’s Artist-Activist, a Citywide Great Wall
By JASON FARAGO - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Ai Weiwei has endured frequent gripes that his activism has got the better of his art. That gripe is unfounded.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.