Barry Diller was about to win the battle for his $250 million arts pier, but then came the “petty questions” from his opponents and he decided to pull the plug.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution (Jul 01, 2014)
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 29, 2008
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2008 - GRAND EQUITIES CORP.
Around the Web
- Billionaires, Bruised Egos, and the Death of a Grand Project
By CHARLES V. BAGLI and ROBIN POGREBIN - Sunday Sep 24, 2017
- By Design: The New Wave in Floral Arrangements
By LINDSAY TALBOT - Thursday Aug 31, 2017
For the most innovative designers working today, form is just as important as flora.
- ‘Diller Island’ Is Back From the Dead
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Oct 25, 2017
With intervention from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, Barry Diller’s grand plan for a $250 million cultural island on a pier in the Hudson River is revived.
- Critic’s Notebook: A Dutch Treasure Trove Returns to New Amsterdam
By JASON FARAGO - Friday Oct 27, 2017
TEFAF, the grand daddy of art fairs, comes to the Park Avenue Armory. Here, a few highlights you shouldn’t miss.
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”