A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 22, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - GOLDEN SLIPPER PUBLISHING, INC.
Around the Web
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- NY's Hometown Paper Once Again Owned By Chicago Publisher
Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
New York's hometown paper is once again owned by a Chicago-based newspaper holding company, following the 'New York Daily News' sale on Monday to Tronc Inc. In a way, it's like deja vu. Tronc wasformerly Tribune Publishing, the publisher of the 'Chicago Tribune,' which originally created the 'New York Daily News' nearly a century ago.
- Forget Fan Fiction. In Nerdlesque, the Garters Come Off.
By SONIA WEISER - Wednesday Sep 20, 2017
In this pop-culture twist on burlesque, performers put on tributes to movies and shows like “Doctor Who.” Not a fan? You can still admire the dancing.
- S.I. Newhouse Jr., Who Turned Condé Nast Into a Magazine Powerhouse, Dies at 89
By JONATHAN KANDELL - Sunday Oct 1, 2017
Mr. Newhouse owned The New Yorker, Vogue, Vanity Fair and other magazines associated with the golden age of publishing.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Can Gowanus Survive Its Renaissance?
By ANDY NEWMAN - Friday Oct 13, 2017
Brooklyn’s famously filthy canal is getting cleaned up. New construction is coming to the area. And not everyone is happy.