Those affected by Hurricane Sandy five years ago shared how the storm changed their lives physically, emotionally and financially, and how things have changed for the better since.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Sep 23, 1998)
NYS Filing Date
JULY 08, 1994
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
1994 - UNIVERSAL FINANCE
1994 - GENERAL FINANCIAL, INC.
Around the Web
- The Rebuilding Years, Post-Sandy
By THE NEW YORK TIMES and JONAH MARKOWITZ - Sunday Oct 29, 2017
- On Staten Island, Haunting Memories of Those Killed by Hurricane Sandy
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Oct 27, 2017
The powerful storm flooded blocks of Staten Island, erasing homes and claiming the lives of 24 residents.
- Mayoral hopefuls release financial disclosure forms
By Yoav Gonen - Friday Sep 1, 2017
Republican mayoral hopeful Nicole Malliotakis’ only earned income in 2016 was her Assembly salary, which is set at $79,500, her financial-disclosure form reveals. But the filing with the Conflicts of Interest Board also show the Staten Island assemblywoman and presumptive GOP nominee with nearly two dozen stock or bond investments of between $5,000 and $48,000...
- Sharks’ Staten Island native set for hockey homecoming
By Greg Joyce - Friday Oct 20, 2017
Kevin Labanc is ready for a homecoming tour. The Staten Island native is coming back to his roots this weekend with the Sharks to play three games in four days against the Devils, Islanders and Rangers. Labanc, who has tallied three goals and two assists through the first five games of the season, will return...
- American Eagle apologizes to Staten Island for 'Pig Pen' shirt
By Dean Balsamini - Sunday Nov 12, 2017
Staten Island is not happy.
- Uber, Surging Outside Manhattan, Tops Taxis in New York City
By WINNIE HU - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
The ride-sharing app has recently shifted its focus to the city’s other boroughs, leading it to a milestone: More people are using Uber than the city’s fabled yellow cabs.