Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 10, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - GALLERY PAINTING LLC
Around the Web
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Trump’s ‘Renoir’ painting is a fake: museum
By Lia Eustachewich - Friday Oct 20, 2017
President Trump insists he owns a real Renoir painting — but a Chicago museum says the version he has isn’t the real deal. The Art Institute of Chicago said it owns the authentic version of the “Two Sisters (On the Terrace)” painting by French impressionist Pierre-Auguste Renoir and that it’s been hanging in its gallery...
- Critic's Notebook: Contemporary Art Steams Up the Hudson
By NANCY PRINCENTHAL - Thursday Aug 24, 2017
Not your mother’s house tour: This summer has brought a bounty of artwork to Catskill, Hudson, Cold Spring and beyond.
- Art Review: How a Love of French Art Helped Shape the American Republic
By JASON FARAGO - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Early Americans subscribed to liberté and égalité — but they collected the paintings of the class that went to the guillotine.
- Kehinde Wiley Will Paint Barack Obama’s Official Presidential Portrait
By Aaron Williams - Monday Oct 16, 2017
The Obamas' portraits are the first by Black artists since the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery started commissioning them in 1994.