A driver parked his taxi to take a break in SoHo. He died behind the wheel. Then, for nearly a day, New Yorkers went about their lives — just feet from his body.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 09, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - FRIENDS OF MOUNT MANRESA PARK, INC.
Around the Web
- For 18 Hours, Cabbie Sat Dead in Front Seat
By KIM BARKER - Monday Aug 14, 2017
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”
- National Parks Struggle With a Mounting Crisis: Too Many Visitors
By JULIE TURKEWITZ and RUTH FREMSON - Wednesday Sep 27, 2017
Overcrowding has put a strain on a park system already grappling with climate change and funding problems, leading to proposals to limit access.
- Hiker found dead in national park possibly killed by falling rocks
By Associated Press - Friday Jul 14, 2017
MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. — A 75-year-old hiker has been found dead near Mount Rainier National Park’s Eagle Peak Trail. The Seattle Times reports the man’s body was found Thursday in a rockfall area by a helicopter crew after he had been reported missing. Park spokeswoman Patti Wold says it wasn’t clear if he...
- Uber, Surging Outside Manhattan, Tops Taxis in New York City
By WINNIE HU - Thursday Oct 12, 2017
The ride-sharing app has recently shifted its focus to the city’s other boroughs, leading it to a milestone: More people are using Uber than the city’s fabled yellow cabs.
- About New York: How to Fix Mounting Miseries on the Subway? Political Bickering Isn’t the Answer
By JIM DWYER - Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
Investigating the cause of Tuesday’s derailment could help address the subway’s many underlying problems.